Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hummus

Ok, I have to be honest, I was not crazy for Hummus (this being the first time I tried it), it was a good recipe, but not for me!!! But I thought I would post, because a lot of people like hummus. When you try this recipe, let us know how you liked it!

Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1.In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic in olive oil for approximately 3 minutes, until tender.
2.Place garbanzo beans in a blender or food processor with approximately 1 teaspoon reserved liquid. Process until smooth. Mix in the garlic, sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Blend to desired consistency, increasing the amount of reserved garbanzo bean liquid as desired. Chill in the refrigerator until serving

We served it with gluten free crackers that we found at Walmart Super Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment